Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lakewold Gardens a true Lakewood WA Tri-Lake Treasure

Lakewold Gardens-

 Believe it or not, I have been living in the area for over 2 decades and, until last Saturday, I had not visited Lakewold Gardens
 ( Despite the fact that I have friends and clients who live with in a couple blocks of the place and I live in walking distance...shame on me)  

I had promised my youngest children, ( one of whom had visited before) that I would take them and I decided that Saturday's children's day was the perfect time to do it.....and it was.  

The place is beautiful and now I plan to go back with them at least once a season.

Here are some pictures from our trip there together.

 We were excited to see so many things in bloom even though we are entering FALL



 Lanterns in the children's garden, kids decided they want to plant these at our house.

 The garden if full of wonderful statues,  there were 2 of these with the dog holding a basket, kids said they were the best.
 Through out the garden there are benches and places you could sit and talk or just relax with a book.
 One of the many mini gardens with in the gardens is the children's garden, there they let kiddos do some gardening of their own and it is used as a learning venue.

 Lots of fun places to run and to lose your self.



 A pond just below the peace garden.  A peaceful place indeed.


 One of Lakewood Police officers talking to kids about gun safety
 Duck topiary....
 View Gravelly Lake from the garden.






 Here is the Carol O'Rourke memorial library

 Story telling in the children's corner
 All said, I will be back and will stay longer next time.  We so enjoyed it and so will you.  Come just to see the place, or for some of the many events through out the year such as the beautiful tables showcase.  If you want to go back when ever they are open and get the scoop on what's going on there become a member.

Lakewold Gardens is located at 12317 Gravelly Lake Drive SW in Lakewood WA 98499.  They can be reached via phone at- 253-584-4106.

By- Anna Matsunaga, CNE, Realtor.  Team Momentum Keller Williams Realty

No comments:

Post a Comment